Monday, June 29, 2009

Jewel of the North of Thailand - Re visit!

The trip back to Chiang Mai is always the most welcome one! A vibrant and beautiful city as ever with lots of surprises waiting for those adventurous visitors like me. Well I am not really a tourist in CM, as I got enough of knowledge about this city and have more than a dozens of friend. Nothing much has changed for the last 6 months since my last trip is December 2008. Well with the exception to the F&B business. More and more cafe, bar & restaurant has open,closed,revamped & reopened! The energy inside this city is enormous! Here are some of the faces of Chiang Mai:-



"this statue really caught my eye on my very first encounter with it" Located on the 2nd floor of boonthavon court!



"I can't believe it when I saw the lady owner of this muscular Defender!" you are one lucky woman for owning this big toy!



"this is where I always go for my late supper at 3 am when I am in CM!" very good noodle soup and the lady owner is very friendly!



"one of the famous brand in Chiang Mai........great coffee with equivalent nice ambiance!"



"I was stranded at this local eatery joint at 4am with my Thai friends after a long night clubbing at fabrique club. 2 guys standing on the left of this photo is my friend making "som tam" or papaya salad!"



This mobile cafe' was found at the Sunday walking street. I noticed that the owner are selling some quality Thai arabica coffee even though i do not try it! will try on the next visit for sure!



"this is my temporary home whenever I am visiting CM! cozy, comfortable & affordable enough for a budget traveler like me!"



"took this photo when I am walking around the old city. nicely decorated and there is a small garden inside this cafe'! Will try it out soon.....hopefully :) "



"This is where I took a crash course on cooking Thai food." Good activity and you eat what you cook!



"Siriphum soi 1........walk in here and there will be surprises!"



"Chiang Mai latest attraction:- the CM aquarium and kim7 told me that it is better and bigger than Aquaria KLCC!" photo courtesy of kim7



"nice and clear CM city view from Wat Prahtat Doi Suthep" photo courtesy of kim7



"Chiang Mai Airport international departure hall.......smoker's room is available....hehe"



"when u see this alley.... remember u r on ur way to fern forest cafe!" my #1 cafe in Chiang Mai!



"motorcycle revolution on the street!" normal scenario outside school and university around Chiang Mai.



"I found this tree inside Yang Come Village in Sri Donchai road."

Remarks:- I have to thank kim7 for some of the remarkable photo. I am planing for my next trip to this beautiful and vibrant city in Dec 09 and hopefully this time around I can stay longer and discover more about Chiang Mai and its surrounding area. It was a great trip and I met a few really nice & polite Thai people like Khun Yai the owner of fern forest cafe' and so on! Phom rak Chiang Mai mak mak!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Phom also rak Chiang Mai mak mak! Di Ti Suit!

not your ordinary blogger; said...

hahaha.......greatest place on earth! I gonna miss it so much!

Anonymous said...

Is that a banyan tree?
Thailand is one of my favourite countries!

not your ordinary blogger; said...

I think it is a banyan tree. I love Thailand too and now I already started to call it my second home!have you visited Chiang Mai before? where you from?

Unknown said...

louis vuitton, uggs on sale, replica watches, tory burch outlet, louboutin pas cher, louboutin shoes, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, ralph lauren pas cher, burberry, oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, nike free, prada handbags, ugg boots, air max, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, kate spade outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp pas cher, longchamp, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp, ray ban sunglasses, nike roshe run, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, ugg boots, michael kors, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin

Unknown said...

converse outlet, instyler, hollister, insanity workout, asics running shoes, herve leger, hollister, abercrombie and fitch, reebok shoes, ralph lauren, new balance, babyliss, longchamp, nike air max, vans shoes, p90x workout, vans, bottega veneta, ghd, jimmy choo shoes, chi flat iron, nike roshe, mont blanc, lululemon, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, soccer jerseys, nike huarache, hollister, birkin bag, louboutin, beats by dre, mcm handbags, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, timberland boots, lancel, gucci, soccer shoes, north face outlet, north face outlet, ray ban, nike air max, nike trainers, baseball bats, iphone cases, valentino shoes, oakley, converse

Unknown said...

moncler outlet, moncler, replica watches, moncler, swarovski, pandora charms, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, canada goose, canada goose uk, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose, hollister, wedding dresses, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, toms shoes, ugg boots uk, doudoune canada goose, juicy couture outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose, coach outlet, ugg pas cher, pandora jewelry, moncler, supra shoes, thomas sabo, montre pas cher, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, bottes ugg, moncler, karen millen, links of london, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, marc jacobs