Friday, June 19, 2009

To die for

With a mission to hunt for the best place to unwind my evening, I found a chic restaurant with some great interior architecture and design located inside the famous Soi Thonglor or Sukhumvit 55. To Die For is a great restaurant if you are looking for the best food in the town! (Best restaurant in Thailand 2009 by Thai tatler) Some online survey also listed this place as 1 of the best 10 café throughout the world. After browsing their relatively simple but great menu……I found my love one! Fried Red Snapper mix fusion and Mediterranean style. The fish skin is crispy while the meat is tender and juicy. The small portion of homemade pasta was delicious!



As a starter I was served with some bread which looks so ordinary to me…..and I was wondering will it taste good? I am not here for the bread! Well like people said don’t ever judge a book by its cover…..I am obviously wrong! The bread was great so was the butter! I was also served with a cup of weird thingy which taste like heaven! The bread was crispy at the skin and the inner part is so soft! That’s what I called great bread!




For a coffee lover like me I can’t miss out on their small selection of coffee. I ordered a café latte which I think is moderate (too milky)…..but the taste was acceptable! To complete my journey in this lovely place I ordered a brownie with vanilla ice cream on top as my dessert! The brownie is “heaven”! By far the best brownie I’ve ever ate!


The service was top class, promptly and the waitress keeps refilling my cup of mineral water and advises me on my choice of food. The great part was there are huge selections of wine from all around the world! Cheapest bottle start from 990 bath before 10% service tax! I have fall in love with this place and I hope that I will be back soon! The final bill is 875 bath and I tipped them well though! For more info on this place you can log on to www.todieforbangkok.com!


Remarks:- I reached to die for by taking the BTS from Siam to Thonglor - walk all the way from soi 1 till I am tired and abit loss of direction, ask a “narak mak mak” (very cute in Thai) girl inside 7-11 and ride on a motorcycle taxi before I reached the H-1 building and located to die for. I am suffering now from leg pain but it is worth it! You would only regret if you don’t pay a visit!