Sunday, June 21, 2009

How much do I spend in a day life in Chiang Mai??

Well I do not really spend a lot of money in a day in CM! Most of the money will be spend on food, coffee & lodging. A clean hotel room will cost me for about 500 bath a day. Then others expenses would be for food, drinks and transportation that will cost me for about 200 bath if I dine moderately. Basically a bowl of noodle soup or a plate of rice with braised pork cost me 25 bath and some stall even offering free sky juice. So if I would choose to eat the street food that will cost me 75bath for 3 meals a day. Rent a bicycle for 50bath and you can travel all around the city easily especially during the winter season. A ride on the red taxi (songthaew or Si daeng) to almost anywhere in the town area cost me only 20bath per ride. Nowadays I hardly go to touristy places for food & drinks. Instead I choose to eat and drink like the local. Of course if I would like to have a cup of good Americano….I has plenty of choices! From a minimum price of 35 bath to 60bath a cup in the numerous available cafĂ©’ scattered inside the old city moat! It doesn’t really cost me much to stay a week in CM after all! I would roughly need 10,000 bath for a week and that will brings me a lot and a lot of fun, laughter and good memories!

Remarks:- the ability for me to speak thai helps me a lot when I am traveling around Thailand. Sometimes I pay the local price instead of a "farang price". I am familiar with the city, know how and where to get cheap food and drinks. By having some local friends is a bonus to a seasoner CM tourist like me.