Sunday, June 21, 2009

Confession of A CoffeeHolic!!


I am a self confessed coffeeholic! I can't live without coffee even for a day of my life! That's what makes Chiang Mai my #1 city in Thailand! Cafe' is mushrooming in this vibrant city......and the culture of thai people drinking coffee is getting more mature. There are possibly now more than hundreds of them scattered around the city. I am on my mission to conquer as many cafe' as possible during my 2009 CM tour. Below are some of the cafe' that I've visited during my 6 days trip in Chiang Mai city:-

1) White chalet bakery & cafe' (1st time)

2) Coffee day cafe' (1st time)

3) Cafe' de L'amour (1st time)

4) Mokador cafe' (1st time)

5) Mont' Blanc cafe' (1st time)

6) Ratchadumnern cafe' (revisited)

7) fern forest cafe' (revisited)

8) Charcoa cafe' (revisited)

9) Wawee cofee (revisited)

10) Doi Tung (first time in Chiang Mai & previous visit was in bangkok)

11) Doi Chaang (revisited)

12) Mc'cafe (1st time)

Analysis:- Most of the cafe provides free & unlimited drinking water plus free wireless Internet connection with the exception of wawee coffee for its Internet use where you have to pay for it. Price is about 30% -40% cheaper than Starbucks on the average. The cheapest cup of americano is 35 bath from Cafe' de l'amour & ratchadumnern cafe'. A cup of americano in Mc'cafe is about 50bath compare to 60bath in wawee coffee. Well it all depends on what you are looking for.....a cup of equivalent good coffee from the street peddlers would cost you 20bath.

Life is good in
Chiang Mai for a coffeeholic like me where I am spoiled with choices and variety of coffee easily available! God knows why I am so obsessed with Chiang Mai. I never get tired and bored of it....perhaps this is the city of my choice! City with both the modern & ancient architecture building.