Sunday, April 26, 2009

Huay Tung Tao Lake In Chiang Mai

Off beaten track in Chiang mai

As I've been to Chiang Mai for dozens of time for the past few years I choose to visit one of the really off beaten track. I've the chance to visit this lake through the introduction from one of my Thai friend. it was indeed a very nice place which is so quiet, peaceful & the scenery is breath taking. It is a perfect place to unwind your lazy evening. You can chose any one of the available hut around the lake and order food from the many stalls scattered around the lake. The scenery is beautiful and I sat here sipping my favorite Heineken, eating the delicious bamboo worm & my all time favorite pizza from the "Thai Pizza Company"! BTW the lake is approximately 45 minutes from the old city area by the red songthaew!



" this man made lake is a favorite with the local"


"plenty of sitting place for you to choose"



" Ride a boat if your weight is below 50kg"



"sleep in one of the bamboo hut or a bottle of Heini...anyone???



" This is definitely my "MUST" when I am in Chiang Mai"



"My favorite bamboo worm......it taste good...believe me!"



"definitely not as good as bamboo worm....but still worth a try...anyone????"



"The specially made seafood pizza with extra bamboo worm topping!! Aroi mak!!"



" the long winding road back to the city"



" sunset in huay tung tao lake"

Direction to this place:
Off Canal Road
5kms from the Intersection with Huay Kaew Road
Chiang Mai. (same way to the 700 year old stadium)

No comments: