Monday, October 19, 2009

Nice foodie I've ate in Jakarta!

It's been a fantastic & tiring 4 days 3 nights trip in the metropolis of Jakarta. Perhaps one of the worst traffic jam city that I've ever visited. A short distance journey of 1.5 kilometers will sometimes take up to 30 minutes with a taxi. To make the matter worsen......the special bus only lane in city center worsen the traffic condition! However minus all the traffic woes, Jakarta is a nice & tourist friendly city! I have enough time to sample some very delicious foods & drinks around Jakarta.



I sampled this fully scented & tasty latte at Segafredo Zanetti cafe at Plaza Indonesia. The service in this outlet is a bit slow but it is worth a wait for a cup of perfectly made latte!



This is a glass of pineapple juice that are perfectly made. This pineapple juice is brought to you by Cosi cafe' inside FX lifestyle store in Jalan Sudirman.



A plate of sumptuous Nasi Goreng Orchardz that I ordered from my hotel's 24 hours cafe'. To my amaze it taste absolutely good especially the 2 sticks of satay! I gonna miss this whenever I think of Jakarta!



My first meal in Jakarta was a plate of Nasi Goreng Kampung from my hotel's cafe'! I am too hungry that I've ate the whole plate of nasi goreng in less than 5 minutes! Nevertheless it taste good and cost me 35,000 rupiah!



I wonder why Indonesian love bento so much???? I tried it after an assurance from my buddy that it is damn good! Only one word for it..... "best"it is so good that I am missing it right now! If you are in jakarta drop by any Hoka Hoka Bento outlet and ordered a bento special set....and u will smile at the end of your meal!



This fried dim sum is so delicious that I've ate it all.......I bought it from Mangga Dua Square shopping mall main entrance! 2 porsi of dim sum cost me 22,000 rupiah! (btw porsi means set in bahasa Indonesia)



Mee Hoon Goreng ayam panggang that I ordered and eat inside Grand Indonesia Shopping mall in Jalan Sudirman. Well enough for a fried mee hoon lover like me....this plate of noodle rated 8/10!



Another brand of bento franchise that I've tried in Mangga Dua WTC mall. I have to say the Hoka Hoka Bento is muchbetter than this one! Noticed the fried stuffed chicken wing....it taste really finger licking good! worth a try when you are in Jakarta!

Remarks: The price & quality of food and drink in Jakarta various from a few thousand rupiah to a few hundred thousand rupiah per meal! It is up to you to make your choice and some food is really super good that I've ate for 2 consecutively night! (Ketam goreng sos padang by Saung Grenvil) Over all it is a good and satisfying food hunting experience in Jakarta, Indonesia.